This is a tutorial on how to achieve Selena Gomez’ first look in her latest music video, Love You Like A Love Song. It was my sister, Iza, who requested for this look. I actually love all the other makeup looks Selena wore in the music video, and I think I’ll be doing the other looks next!
If you haven’t read about it yet, I just recently went into partnership with LuLu Makeup—one of Manila’s newest and hottest makeup line! LuLu Makeup is currently running their Introductory Price Promo! Get the Rio Palette at 850.00 instead of 950.00! The Rio Palette is one of my personal favorites! I hope you check out the website and stay tuned for a lot of surprises from LuLu Makeup!
This look basically involves deep-set purple eyes, intense pearly-gold E/S on the inner corners of the eyes, a bold orangey-red lip color topped with soft gloss, contours, and not to mention the gorgeous big hair.
To get the big hair Selena wore in the video, I sectioned my hair into 5-6 sections and curled them as usual using my BaByliss iPRO 200 Sol-Gel Titanium Iron. After curling each section, I put them in a tight bun. I set my hair about 30 minutes before filming—this will create tighter curls, hence a lot of body and volume upon removal of the elastics. Heat protectant used is CPR by Monea. After makeup application, all you have to do is remove all the elastic, flip your hair forward, run your fingers through, spray hairpray (Etude House' Sweet Style Hairspray), flip back, and style. I recommend doing a bit of teasing to add more drama and create bigger volume to the hairstyle.
Moving on to makeup application…
- Moisturize your face well. I recommend using Neutrogena’s HydroBoost WaterGel (Watsons, PHP 830.00/50g) or Skin Hour’s Mattifying Day Cream (which doubles as a primer as well!)
- Conceal imperfections.
- Apply foundation. (CoverGirl AquaSmooth Makeup Foundation in Creamy Natural, Covergirl Counter PHP 545.00)
- Set foundation in. (Fanny Serrano Two-Way Cake in Organza, Department Store (SM) PHP 399.00)
- Define brows. (Maybelline Brow Definist by Eyestudio)
- Apply primer on your lids and lower lash line area. (E.l.f. Eye Primer)
- Select the blue eyeshadow from the (Rio Palette, LuLu Makeup PHP 850.00) and apply a layer on your lids.
- Select the purple eyeshadow from the (Rio Palette, LuLu Makeup PHP 850.00) and apply over the blue. The key is building up the color.
- Select the black eyeshadow and use an angled brush (Megaga Eyebrow Brush) to outline your eyes *watch the video embedded on the end of this post for reference*
- Combine the blue and purple eyeshadow together and fill in the outline. Remember to build the color up.
- Use the black eyeshadow again and darken the crease area.
- Combine the black and the purple eyeshadow and apply it on the outer half of the lower lashline. Create a sweeping-out effect.
- Use a pearly-gold eyeshadow and apply on the inner corners of the eyes.
- Tightline your upper and lower lashline. (Nichido Black Eye Pencil)
- Line your eyes and create a small wing (Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Liner in Black)
- Apply lashes (LashGrip used as lash glue, Beauty Bar PHP 195.00)
- Curl lashes and apply mascara (E.l.f. Mechanical Lash Curler and Maybelline Stiletto Mascara, Maybelline Counter PHP 349.00)
- Contour cheekbones and nosebridge. *not shown in the video*
- Apply an orangey-red lip color (Ever Bilena Matte Lipstick in Scarlet, Watsons PHP 125.00)
- Apply gloss over the lip color (E.l.f. Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF15 in Candelight, Watsons, PHP 129.75)
Here are the photos from this tutorial.
*Watch the tutorial here:
For inquiries, you may contact us at:
0922-8242758 / 0927-2753927