I promised myself I'd come up with a better and more challenging look to recreate today. I did not post a photo of this look with the reference photo side by side (like I usually do when I do looks inspired by celebrities) since people would quickly judge how different the looks are and immediately say that I did not recreate the look well. Multiple points are to be considered: my hair, my skin tone, my face shape, eye shape, and the E/S that I used, even. I've said it a million times, inspired looks are not the exact ones.
I really had fun doing this look. Given that it was freaking 35 degrees in Manila while I was filming. I was in an air conditioned room but still the heat was reaaaaally too much. I had to keep myself from sweating else ruin all my foundation work. If you've noticed, I've been skipping doing my brows, concealing and foundation in my tutorials. I just figured it would be great to get on to the look right away! Also, I have been trying to stick to tutorials less that 5 minutes long. I was watching my really old videos and I must day I'd give myself an F. So now I'm working for A's!
This photo of Keri Hilson totally caught my attention. She looks really sexy, fierce and daring! I love how she was holding a lipstick for a cigarette. I just had the strong urge to recreate the look after examining the photo well.
I basically wanted to focus on the extreme cat eye look that Keri is wearing in the photo. I tried to replicate the eye shadows but I know I did a pretty bad job; nevertheless I think I pulled the whole look together.
Products and procedures in order:
- Dollface Concealer #3 + Marionnaud Foundation Brush
- Nichido Foundation Stick in Beige
- Nichido Bronzer in Go Bronze (if you noticed, by body is kind of shimmering--it's because of this. Dusted it all on my chest, shoulders and arms using my Dollface Face Brush)
- Maybelline Clear Smooth Extra Powder Foundation in Sand Beige (to set the foundation in)
- Maybelline BrowDefinist by EyeStudio (for the brows; wax+E/S)
- Nichido E/S in Electric Pink (first E/S on the lids)
- Nichido E/S in Seashell (second applied over the pink E/S)
- Dollface 88 Earth Color Palette Gold E/S on the outer V + Marionnaud Pointed E/S Brush
- Dollface 88 Earth Color Palette Gray E/S over the gold E/S
- Dollface 88 Earth Color Palette Silver E/S on the corners of the upper portion of the nose bridge (watch the video, you'll understand what I'm saying better in there OR look at Keri Hilson's photo)
- Dollface 88 Earth Color Palette Pearl Gold E/S swept from the inner corners of the eyes upward until the middle portion of the lids, sweep the color outward.
- Dollface 88 Earth Color Palette Gray E/S to use for creating the obvious cat eyes. Blend well with the crease color, sweep out for a subtle finish.
- Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Liner to create a solid cat eye, and to outline the whole shape of the eyes. Take your time in this one. Clean up using a Q-tip. Create a second wing on the lower lash line. Sweep out for a subtle effect.
- Shawill Faux Lashes (add full lashes on) + Lash Grip (glue)
- Curl and apply mascara (E.l.f. Mechanical Lash Curler and Maybelline Long Extreme Stiletto Mascara)
- Contour your nosebridge (Dollface 88 Earth Color Palette Brown E/S)
- Wet 'N Wild Bronzer in Princess 741A (to sculpt the cheeks and face)
- The Body Shop Roseflower Blush in 02 for the blush + Marionnaud Blush Brush
- Ever Bilena Matte Lipstick in Skin (first layer of lip color)
- Beauty Treats Lipstick in Pink Frost (second layer of lip color)
I had fun doing this pose (as a matter of fact you'll see more of this pose as you scroll down) And just for your information, I don't smoke, so if my hand looks weird to you, just laugh it off.
Thanks to my wonderful sister, Iza for lending me the blue beaded necklace!
I have to work on blending much more through my hair line. (I know, I know.)
Blank, lifeless stares--I'll never get tired of. Gives photos such attitude and drama.
How the eyes look like when the lids are down.
The smoking pose...yet again.
Just a head's up, the Beauty Treats Lipstick in Pink Frost is still available for sale BUT with a different packaging already. I know the studs are lovable--and I don't understand why they changed it.
Any form of comment will be entertained. And I'm thanking everyone in advance for reading this entry and for submitting comments/feedbacks.
Please watch the video here, it will only take 5 minutes (or less) of your time.